Job ID 119541
Experience 4 Years
Degree High School Diploma
Province or State Kabul
Vacancy Number Vacancy#:439(Transportation Supervisor)
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
FMIC was established as an innovative four-way public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, La Chaine de l’Espoir “Chain of Hope”, and AKDN. The Aga Khan University is managing this facility as part of AKDN initiative. FMIC is a 171-bed tertiary care hospital for adults, mothers and children, located in Kabul, Afghanistan; providing access to Afghans from all 34 provinces with exemplary healthcare services. FMIC diagnostics offer high-end imaging and state-of-the-art laboratory services; meeting the emergent needs of the Afghan populace. FMIC offers subsidized care through its Patient Welfare Support Programme to patients with no wherewithal to afford the cost of services. Since April 2006, FMIC has disbursed over $44.1M in patient welfare support to over 675,000 patients. FMIC serves over 300,000 patients annually. Furthermore, FMIC has established a 40-bed Women’s and Children’s house to host ultra-poor patients and provide 100% free care including housing and transportation facilities.
· Supervise and evaluate all transportation systems.
· Create, implement, and revise an annual budget for transportation department expenditures.
· Prepare long-range budget planning for equipment replacement
· Provide long-range planning for transportation department.
· Participate in the development of time and cost estimates for major vehicle repairs.
· Determine the appropriateness of vehicle service requests and authorize work to be completed.
· Oversee purchases of repair parts and department supplies.
· Establish standards of maintenance and preventative maintenance.
· Maintain all necessary maintenance records.
· Provide monthly, and quarterly fuel consumption reports to supervisor.
· Manage compliance of all safety regulations governing pupil transportation.
· Inspect all vehicles on a regular basis to determine that high standards of cleanliness, safety,
and security are maintained.
· Recruit, train, and supervise all vehicle drivers.
· Provide driver training to all the drivers, in-service, renewal, and original training.
· Check driver logs and mileage sheets, also maintain end of the year mileage reports.
· Supervise the work of the mechanic, automobile mechanic, vehicle service technician,
transportation dispatcher, and other transportation personnel as assigned.
· Provide in-service training programs for assigned personnel.
· Maintain transportation records and prepares reports.
· Responsible for the submission of grant applications and compliance reports.
· Responsible for managing all required inspections and reporting functions.
· Respond to and investigate accidents involving vehicles.
· Respond to and investigate complaints regarding vehicles.
· Investigate and effectively resolve employee conduct problems in the workplace.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- 12th Graduate
- 14th Graduate is preferable
- Good communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Stress and anger management skills.
- Intern personal skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Negotiation skills.
Interested applicants should send their resume to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Children, Ali Abad, and Behind Kabul University or email email@example.com.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. CVs are required to be covered with application letter. Please provide the vacancy number and position title in the subject line.