Job ID 120164
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Online
Language Requirement English
Field of Study N/A
Language of Instruction English
The UN CC Online Advancing Sustainable Development in Practice Course is now accepting registrations. This advanced course is being offered by UN Climate Change Learning Partnership (UN CC: Learn) as a follow-up to their introductory course, Introduction to Sustainable Development in Practice.
It instructs students on how to practically implement an integrated approach to sustainable development at every stage of the policy and project cycle, including analysis, discussion, planning, funding, communication, monitoring, and assessment. The course covers strategies, guidelines, and useful tools for putting sustainable development into practice.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Poverty-Environment Action for Sustainable Development (PEA)
Brief Details of the UN CC Online Course
- Analysing Poverty and Environmental Concerns: Module 1 focuses on the first step of the policy cycle, analyzing the many pathways, methodologies, and approaches for discovering and exploring the interconnections between poverty and environmental challenges.
- Engagement and dialogue: Module 2 looks at engagement and discussion procedures as crucial in developing an integrated approach to addressing interconnected environmental and poverty issues that work for stakeholders.
- Integration in Planning Processes: Module 3 addresses mainstreaming and integrating poverty and environmental goals into a country’s planning processes.
- In-Practice Financing for Sustainable Development: Module 4 explores how to finance an integrated approach by including poverty and environmental goals into national budgets and public and private investment.
- Poverty and the Environment Communications: Module 5 researches the critical subject of communication, specifically, how poverty and environmental issues might be better articulated to reach various stakeholders effectively.
- Evaluation and monitoring: Module 6 explains how monitoring and evaluation can aid in tracking the integration of poverty and environmental challenges throughout the policy cycle.
- Establishing Integrated Transformative Institutions: Module 7 teaches students how strong institutions may assist in combining poverty and environmental challenges.
What to Expect from the UN CC Online Course?
- Explore and advocate for evidence-based remedies to poverty and environmental challenges.
- Set up an effective dialogue approach with key stakeholders about sustainable development.
- Create ways for incorporating poverty and environmental concerns into policy procedures and initiatives.
- Demonstrate how poverty and environmental challenges are integrated into public and private finance, especially fiscal policy.
- Create an effective communication strategy to assist the combination of poverty and environmental challenges.
- Create mechanisms for effective poverty and environmental action monitoring and evaluation.
- Discuss ways for institutional transformation that will enable integrated sustainable development.
- Finally, you will receive a certificate of completion once you have completed the course. On the main course page, you may follow your progress and download your certificate by clicking the “Certification” option.
Eligibilities and Criteria:
- The advanced course is for policy, planning, and technical professionals at the national, regional, and municipal levels and development practitioners.
- Agents of change from civil society, academia, the private sector, and youth
- Citizens who are interested in putting sustainable development into action
- The course is designed specifically for students from underdeveloped nations, particularly those in Asia and Africa.
- Sub-Saharan Africa, which has the world’s biggest population of the impoverished, is the most vulnerable to climate change.