Job ID 120507
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Various Locations
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction English
Check into the UN Volunteers (UNV) program if you wish to make a significant contribution to global peace and development.
Every year, up to 8,000 knowledgeable and experienced individuals representing 160 different countries dedicate at least six months to aiding others. These UN Volunteers work in almost 130 countries, encouraging peace, aiding in disaster relief efforts, empowering local people, and supporting long-term development and sustainable livelihoods.
Although UN volunteers have diverse professional backgrounds, they are all agents of change. In addition to encouraging voluntarism for peace and development both inside and outside of their designated duties, they are urged to be creative and enterprising. They collaborate with governments, UN agencies, and civil society organizations while operating at the heart of communities.
While volunteering for the UN offers many opportunities, experiences, and substantial personal benefits, it is not a job.
Benefits of the UN Volunteers Program
As a UN Volunteer, you are entitled to a Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA), which covers the following expenses:
- Basic living expenses, accommodation, and utilities
- UNV will also provide a settling-in award,
- Life, health, and permanent disability insurance
- Return travel
- A small resettlement stipend.
Eligibility criteria for UN Volunteers Program are as follows:
- Applicants must have a university degree or a higher education diploma
- Be able to speak English, French, Arabic, or Spanish fluently
- Be interested in working in a collaborative and cooperative spirit
- Inspired and committed to volunteering
- Be available for short-term (six to twelve months) assignments
- Willing to serve in difficult environments (The UNV provides 25% of all international civilian UN peacekeeping forces and 17% of UNHCR field staff)
- All participants can form anywhere with any nationality
Open Job Fields
Volunteer applicants can apply for the following fields considering their area of expertise:
- Architecture and settlements
- Arts and design
- Business management
- Community development
- Crisis and emergency response
- Development programmes
- Economics and Finance
- Elections and governance
- Energy and environment
- Engineering and construction
- Facility management
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Legal affairs
- Logistics and Inventory
- Manual labor and skilled trade
- Natural and life sciences
- Procurement and contracting
- Product Safety
- Security and protection
- Social work
- Translation and interpretation
- Volunteer management
How to Apply?
All applicants can apply for the UN Volunteers Program 2024 online. Please check for your desired program and review all the position details before applying.
If you meet all the requirements for a volunteer program, click the Apply button at the top right corner of the job page. First, register an account with the UNV application portal to apply for a volunteer job.
You may visit the United Nations (UN) official website for detailed information about the UN Volunteers Program.