Job ID 120652
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Partial Funded
Province or State Australia
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction Bachelor - Master
The UTS Humanitarian Scholarship 2023 is available for undergraduate and graduate study in any subject the institution offers. Applying for this scholarship is available here. The application must be submitted by December 1st, 2023. The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is offering this scholarship, which has the following value: partial funding, tuition fees plus fees for student services and amenities plus stipend. All nationals, provided they possess certain visas, are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The purpose of the UTS Humanitarian Scholarship is to offer financial support to undergraduate students who entered Australia as refugees or asylum seekers and who now hold temporary protection visas or bridging visas for asylum seekers. In 2023, two UTS Humanitarian Scholarship seats will be available for students on a temporary humanitarian concern visa (subclass 786) who wish to study in postgraduate programs at UTS. The university’s commitment to provide undergraduate degree scholarships to asylum seekers who are unable to secure government loan programs or Commonwealth-supported seats is demonstrated by the UTS Humanitarian Scholarship program. All UTS faculty are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Eligibility criteria for UTS Humanitarian Scholarship:
- The applicant must possess a Bridging Visa E or A (and have applied for a Protection Visa), Temporary Protection Visa (subclass 785), Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (subclass 790), Temporary Humanitarian Concern Visa (subclass 786) and temporary asylum seeker or refugee residence status.
- The applicant must be able to prove that, in the absence of the scholarship, they lack the resources to sustain paying their tuition
- Candidate should have submitted an application and been found qualified to enroll in an undergraduate or graduate program at UTS.
- Candidates who are undergrads:
- Applicant never started or finished another undergraduate program in Australia
- After completing the studies that served as their foundation for admission, apply to UTS and start in the upcoming intake.
- Applicants must intend to enroll full-time.
- Every applicant has to fill out the UTS online scholarship application.
- If called upon, every applicant must be able to make it to an interview.