Job ID 120001
Degree Master’s Degree
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State China
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction English
The Yenching Academy of Peking University 2024 scholarship application period is currently underway. Every year, the Yenching Academy provides around 120 scholarships to new students from the Chinese Mainland and other nations so they can live, study, and grow together in China. Apply for this scholarship if you meet the prerequisites to continue your education at a university recognized by China.
The application for the Yenching Academy of Peking University 2024 scholarships is now open. The Yenching Academy annually offers nearly 120 scholarships to new students from both the Chinese Mainland and foreign countries, to study, live, and learn together in China. If you meet the requirements of the scholarship, apply for this to pursue your studies in one of the Chinese-recognized universities.
- Deadline: December 3, 2023 (12:00 noon Beijing time)
- Mainland Chinese finalists Interveiw: In summber or September
- International Finalists Interview: In winter or early spring
- Country: China
- Host Institution: Yenching Academy of Peking University
- Language of instruction: English
- Level: Master’s
- Number of scholarships: 120
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly allowance
- One round-trip travel cost
- Field research expenses
Applicants for this scholarship should meet the following requirnments:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field; currently enrolled degree program should be awarded no later than August 31, 2024;
- Have broad curiosity and demonstrate rigorous motivation and potential to turn into leaders in their chosen fields.
- An exceptional academic background;
- Firm interest in the interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular accomplishments, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential; and
- English language proficiency.
Admission decisions for international candidates will be made around April of the year the scholarship is awarded.
How to Apply?
Application for this scholarship is online; therefore, all students and alumni of Partner Universities must apply through the university’s internal application process before applying to the Yenching Academy admissions portal.
Mandatory documents for application:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or lower);
- Research proposal (maximum 1500 words);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- English proficiency proof
English requirements and minimum scores:
- IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
- Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
- CEFR: C1 level
- CET 6: Overall 600
- TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
Note: Native English speakers and students or alumnus whose teaching of degree programs has been in English (undergraduate or above) are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
* English proficiency tests must have been taken after September 1, 2022, as it currently does not accept scores. They do not currently accept IELTS Indicator scores, TOEFL MyBest Scores, or TOEFL iBT Home Edition.
Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, the university will only accept scores sent directly to it from these organizations. Therefore, make sure you choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of your scores when you book the exam date. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
For more information about Yenching Academy of Peking University 2024 International Scholarships in China, refer to the Yenhing Academy’s website.