Job ID 118023
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State USA
Language Requirement English
Field of Study N/A
Language of Instruction Bachelor - Master
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is a fully financed scholarship that allows you to study in the United States for free. The world-class international opportunity aims to provide a platform for remarkable and academically great individuals to continue their studies at one of the world’s top ten schools, the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota. Thus, the Sawiris Scholarship is a fantastic opportunity for those seeking a skill-oriented learning experience in the United States.
Newton Education Services administers the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship on behalf of the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development. The organization has a good reputation for preparing students for a successful university experience. Since 2015, the organization has collaborated with the Sawiris Foundation to select candidates for this full scholarship based on their prior job experience and academic excellence. Newton was chosen in 2015 by the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development (SFSD) to manage the new Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship (YLSS).
Sawiris Foundation for Social Development offers the YLSS Full Fee Masters Scholarship in the United States. This is a non-profit Egyptian organization that is well-known for its charitable work. The Sawiris Foundation provides and creates study and career opportunities in other countries, as well as training programs. These training programs are primarily in the economic disciplines and are designed to meet market professional needs. Furthermore, it provides completely paid overseas scholarships to deserving students so that they can study in the world’s best universities without having to worry about money.
The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs Master’s degree scholarship promotes candidates who meet the entry requirements for the academic MDP program. MDP is a dynamic system-wide training program that aims to improve and strengthen leadership talents and competencies. The nicest part about these fully funded US scholarships is that they are offered based on both financial need and merit. The quality of this Yousriya Loza-Sawiris USA Scholarship for Egyptians is determined by academic excellence, extracurricular activity, and social behavior. If you meet the conditions, you must apply for this foreign scholarship.
Benefits of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2024-25 in USA:
- The full tuition fee will be paid.
- All the travel expenses will be covered.
- The living expenses will be covered by this scholarship.
- The health insurance of the student will be fully covered.
Eligibility Criteria of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2024-25:
- The students who are Egyptian nationals and also reside in Egypt can only apply.
- Students with dual nationality will not be preferred.
- The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree or must be having an equivalent education from a well-reputed institute.
- The Bachelor’s degree must be related to the selected field of study.
- The candidate must have completed a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years.
- The candidate must have completed an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience.
- The candidate must have employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years.
- The candidate must have at least two years of work experience in the relevant field.
- The candidate must fulfill all the entry requirements for the academic MDP program.
- Students from liberal arts, mathematics, statistics, and economics are highly recommended.
- An English proficiency certificate is required. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet-based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section).
Documents Required for the Fully-Funded Scholarships:
- Completed application form.
- The personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- Copy of the National ID
- Copy of the National ID of the guarantor. The guarantor is the person who signs the contract with the accepted student. This person could be the candidate’s father, mother, sister, or brother.
- An updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- TOEFL/IELTS score.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One recent personal photo.
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
How to apply for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship in the USA?
- The candidates have to apply online for the scholarship.
- The candidates have to apply to and be accepted at, the Masters of Development Practice (MDP) program at the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA, independently from this scholarship application.
- The candidates have to write a personal statement in the form of an essay that must not exceed more than 1000 words.
- If someone is residing abroad, he or she must give a valid reason for staying abroad.